This Privacy Notice explains who the KPMG/Ipsos Retail Think Tank (RTT) are, the personal data we collect, how we use it, who we share it with, and what your legal rights are.
About the KPMG/Ipsos Retail Think Tank
The KPMG/Ipsos Retail Think Tank (RTT) was conceived and created in 2006 by KPMG LLP and Ipsos Retail Performance to provide an authoritative, credible and trusted window on what is really happening in retail. All the intellectual property within the RTT website and its outputs are jointly owned by KPMG and Ipsos.
What is the RTT’s legal basis for processing your personal data?
The RTT requires a legal basis to process your personal data. The RTT’s legal basis for processing your personal data in relation to marketing and communications for business-to-business purposes is legitimate interests. If you wish to exercise your rights, please see the section below covering ‘Your Rights’.
How will the RTT use your personal data?
- When you subscribe to receive RTT news, white papers or annual reviews, the data is collected and stored by Ipsos Retail Performance.
- Ipsos Retail Performance will use your personal data solely for the purposes of sending relevant RTT marketing and communications based on your chosen subscription.
- We collect information on website usage using cookies. We also collect the contact details you provide when you contact us or subscribe to our regular updates.
Who we share your data with
Ipsos Retail Performance will not share your data with any third party organisations.
We will use the information you provide when using the “contact us” facilities on this web site for the sole purpose of responding to your message. We will not use your contact details for any other purpose.
How will the you ensure my personal information is secure?
- Ipsos Retail Performance takes its information security responsibilities seriously and applies various precautions to ensure your information is protected from loss, theft or misuse. Security precautions include appropriate physical security of offices and controlled and limited access to computer systems.
- Ipsos Retail Performance has regular internal and external audits of its information security controls and working practices, and is accredited to the International Standard for Information Security, ISO 27001.
How long will you retain my personal information?
Ipsos Retail Performance will only retain your data for as long as you wish to continue receiving marketing and communications materials from us. You have the right to withdraw your consent and opt out at any time.
- You have the right to access your personal data whilst the RTT/Ipsos Retail Performance holds it.
- You have the right to object to the processing for legitimate interests.
- You also have the right to rectify any incorrect or out-of-date personal data about you which we may hold.
- If you want to exercise your rights, please contact us at the below RTT email address.
- If you have any complaints, we will appreciate if you give us an opportunity to resolve any issue first, by contacting us as set out below. You are, however, always entitled to contact our regulatory body, the UK Information Commissioner at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I contact the RTT about my personal data?
Contact us form: /www.retailthinktank.co.uk/contact